Friday, September 24, 2010

Drinking and Texting Don't Mix



If I had one major issue with dating, its this...........drinking and texting. It's my weakness, give me a glass of wine, and please take my phone away from me. I get this since of "bravery", and I rationalize why I need to text this man RIGHT NOW. Oh how many mornings I wake, roll over and check my phone, "ohhhhh, why did I text him that?".

Last night I was like an addict needing my fix. I texted 3, yes, 3 men last night. Only one replied, Shorty. Which is the only one that should have. The other 2 are not even worth my time or text, but last night I rationalized that I needed to loose any dignity I still had left. I literally thought "who cares at this point what the think about me, I want to text them". So this morning I woke, rolled over, and there they were, 2 texts to men that didn't not reply(which I immediately deleted, I don't want to have that reminder). Do I feel good about myself today? NO. That was just stupid and pointless. Thanks to the 3 glasses of wine and the so called "bravery". You made my day :)

And, yes, I didn't see Shorty last night, even though he had said he wanted to take me to some BDay party. His sister had a baby, which he knew before hand was going to happen on Thursday because the birth was scheduled. But he said he would be free from family obligations by nighttime and he wanted to see me. As many times before, he was wrong. He didn't even call me. I texted him(haha, yep drunk text) at 9. His reply was nice enough, that he was still with family and stuff about the baby. But why couldn't he call me or at least text me at some point in the evening to let me know he was not able to go to the BDay party, and not able to see me?  Yet again, I will let this one slide.

No comments:

Post a Comment