Friday, December 3, 2010

Timing

I've been thinking about relationships(big surprise), why it works sometimes where you fall in love and why other times it never really launches even though you have great chemistry and all the right ingredients are there for it to be something great, i.e. LOVE. I've done some research on this, not really by choice, but I have come up with a thought on why sometimes it never lifts off. Failure to launch.

I was talking with a guy friend recently. He said something that in the year and a half that I've known him he never mentioned before. "Well, I'm not even going to think about marriage until I'm 30". This idea of his has been in his brain for years now. There is no pressure for him to actively look for the "one". He is happy with being single and not focusing on a relationship. Oh my, why can't I be like that?

What I have realized is that I believe a lot of men have this notion. Maybe not so much a time stamp, just that all the ducks have to be in a row before they even consider settling down. All the ducks in a row can be a number of things; career, money, owning a house, owning a BMW, physically fit, sewing their wild oats, this list goes on and on.  So, if this is true, if they aren't ready and they meet a great girl, like me :), they won't even let the relationship lift off because they know its not the right timing. This sometimes isn't even thought out by men, it is a sub-conscious act.

Meanwhile, here I am, I meet a great guy like Shorty, chemistry-check, humor-check, intelligent-check, kind hearted-check, all the ingredients are there for ME, but not for Shorty. He doesn't even know it, but his launch date is not now, and probably not anytime soon. That might be why he sub-consciously didn't treat me all the great, putting me on low end of his priority list.

It's not just Shorty, there are probably 3 other men, that I liked, we had a lot of the right ingredients, but it wasn't the right time for them. My question is, why is it always the right time for me, but never for them?  I can't do or say or control any of this. I'm just waiting for the right ingredients to match up with the right timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment