Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Smitten

I just went on a trip to California for my cousins wedding. It was a nice trip overall, I helped out alot so it wasn't all that relaxing, but I didn't mind.

So I've traveled enough, taking flights by myself, and I have never met anyone on a flight worth even remembering their names. I typically put my headphones on, and try my hardest to not even make small talk with anyone. The trick is never give eye contact, and the moment you sit down only say "hi" then pretend to sleep. I've got it down to a science.

Well, I've never had a seat next to an attractive man, until Monday on my flight home. I saw him in the aisle before he even sat down, and I thought in my head, "please god, have his assigned seat next to mine". Well, he sat down right next to me and started talking to me. He was a bit cocky, but outgoing and funny.
Needless to say, I was shocked when the announcement was made to prepare for landing. That was the fastest 3 hour flight of my life. We talked the entire time. 

Before landing, County Boy(remember I like to not reveal actual names), asked if I would have a drink with him at the airport. He had a connecting flight but had sometime for a drink. I sorta hesitated, but said I would. His flight was soon, so we didn't have a lot of time. But as we had a drink, his flight kept getting delayed. So, he finally had to get on his plane, we hugged goodbye, I started to walk away, and he grabbed me and said he had to kiss me, and it was AWESOME! Felt like out of a movie. :)

So, I'm Smitten. I mean, this was a chance meeting, and I can't stop thinking about him. We are now friends on FB, and he asked for my phone number, and has text me. He lives in Nashville, so I don't think anything can come from this. Oh, and another small detail I have left out, he is 23, I am 30. He is an aspiring country singer/songwriter. This has TROUBLE written all over it. But, I liked it, it was romantic, he is very attractive, he is talented, he is fun, he is different, and that's the best part.

Nothing will come from this, but it was a good story.......

No comments:

Post a Comment