Friday, October 8, 2010

Why can't it ever be a clean break????

I just spent 30 minutes trying to find an article I read on-line about breaking up in this day in age. Couldn't find it!!! UGH. But the run down is basically, now with technology, ie Facebook and Texts, its harder and harder for couples to really end things. It always gets dragged on and on because we can view each others FB profiles and send a quick text to start things up again. After I read this article, I realized, I have only one time had a clean breakup(since the invention of FB and Text), all the others still linger for months or years.

So, last night I got a text from my X. This is not just any X, this is the one, he broke my heart over a year ago. We talked marriage, and at our 2 year anniversary it all ended because he couldn't commit. So in this year that we have been broken up there have been texts, me looking him up on FB(seeing him with his new girl)(double ugh), him saying he wanted me back, then slamming the door in my face. Its a long, and very painful story of "us".  I haven't heard from him in 2 months, and now a text. I'm so mad at him for texting. I felt like after all this time I was getting over it, then I get a text and it brings it all back.

My question, would we have had a clean break if it wasn't for FB and cell phones, and texts?  I'm thinking YES. I miss him immeasurably, but the fact that we can somehow communicate so easily is causing me more pain than I need.

OH, and by the way....I didn't text back. Pat on the back to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment